Monday, February 28, 2011

Challenging Cards

Well, here is my second attempt at the Clear Dollar Stamps challenge for February.  I could not get a very good picture of this card, my dad tried, too, but it is still a bit dark.  Any tips for taking pictures of cards would be greatly appreciated. 



With this card I used the digital image download offered with the challenge.  I hand colored the digital image of the flowers and leaves with ink.  I was not particularly happy with how my glitter turned out on this image.  I don't think that you can see in the picture that the center of the flowers and the veins of the leaves have glitter on them.  I have not used glitter on a card before; I expect that I will need to practice, practice, practice…  The yellow gingham for the background behind the flower and the base overlay on the card were also from the digital image download.  I lightened the color a shade or two to go better with the color scheme that I used on the central flowers.  For the sentiment, I used the “God is So Good” stamp from the “Pretty Little Scriptures” set. 


My previous attempt for this challenge, which is also posted below, was pretty fun. 


It was my first attempt at any card challenge.  I liked trying to use someone else’s vision, but keeping my style.  I had some trouble getting the colors just right.  I was also using clear stamps for the first time.  The flowers and stems are from the Clear Dollar Stamps “Petal Hugs” set.  I love that the stamps for the solid petals nest into the petal stamp with edge stitching.  The sentiment is from the Clear Dollar Stamps “For Our Lord” set.  I am still not thrilled with the color on the sentiment, but I made the stamped hearts in the bottom corner match which helped balance the colors.

2 comments: